LeaderShape's Courageous Dialogue program provides a framework for which to engage in meaningful and impactful conversations around the issues of values alignment, racial inequality, and creating stronger communities. As people continue to manage life in the pandemic; react and respond to civil unrest; and work through the dynamics of a national election this fall; we feel this topic will be helpful to organizations as they prepare to engage students in what could be very challenging conversations.
This program is designed for participants to learn how to engage in these conversations and create spaces for courageous conversations within their organizations. This program will be delivered via synchronous, virtual sessions guided by two LeaderShape facilitators.
- Participants will learn a process of engaging in open, authentic, and respectful conversations with others.
- Participants will understand how to take responsibility for the dialogue and engage in the entire process.
- Participants will learn techniques to practice expressing their values and in turn, will be open to the possibility of those being changed because of interactions with members of their community.
Program Structure for Professionals
Upon completion of the session, each participant will have access to a virtual learning community to practice these skills over the next three months. We will the host a town hall to reflect on key learnings and how the principles were put into practice.
The agenda for the professional session of Courageous Dialogue is:
- Welcome and Overview
- What is Courageous Dialogue?
- Getting to Know Each Other (small group discussion)
- Principles of Courageous Dialogue
- Skills of Courageous Dialogue
- Practicing the Principles of Courageous Dialogue (small group discussion)
- Continuing to Engage in Productive Conflict
- Individual Reflections
- Final Reflection & Wrap Up
These professional programs will be offered in 2-hour sessions on the following dates & times. Each program is the same, so please pick the time that works best for your schedule.
The cost is $125 per person. You can register for the summit that works best for your schedule by clicking the link above. Once sessions reach capacity, we will schedule additional sessions.
Program Structure for Students
The student program can be delivered two different ways. To bring students together from different campuses, we will host 5 open enrollment sessions this fall. These open enrollment sessions will be held at the following dates and times:
Upon completion of the session, each participant will have access to a virtual learning community to practice these skills over the next three months. We will then host a town hall to reflect on key learnings and how the principles were put into practice.
The agenda for the student session of Courageous Dialogue is:
Welcome and Introductions
- Large and small group discussions
- Comfort Continuum
Overview of Courageous Dialogue
- Principles and Skills of Courageous Dialogue
Practicing Courageous Dialogue
- Facilitators’ example
- Small group time
- Wrap-up and Next Steps
The cost is $65 per participant for open enrollment sessions. If an organization wants to send a group of 5 participants to a student open enrollment session, the price would be $300. You can register for the session that works best for your schedule by clicking the link above. Once sessions reach capacity, we will schedule additional sessions as needed.
If your campus is interested in hosting a session only for your students, you can host an organizational based session. That session will only be for the students selected by your organization and the date/time will be determined by your needs.
The cost for an organizational based session is $4,500 for up to groups of 100. Please email us to talk more about an organization session.